Summer is one of my favorite seasons. As summer is already around the corner, what else would be better than having something cold to sip on while you enjoy the scorching sun. I have never been a fan of strawberries, but this absolutely changed my mind about them. Easy to make and can find most of these ingredients around the house most of the time.
2 cups of frozen unsweetened strawberries
1/3 cup of white sugar
1 cup of plain or nonfat yogurt or vanilla or strawberry yogurt
- Measure out all your ingredients, make sure strawberries are frozen for you to get desired results.
- In a blender, pour a cup of nonfat yogurt, then 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Take note, if you are using regular vanilla or strawberry yogurt then do not add sugar. Too much sugar is not what we want to end up with.
- Pour 2 cups of strawberries into the blender. Make sure the blender is at it’s highest speed. We want the strawberries to blend properly.
- Use the blender tamper to mix it or press the ingredients down the blade, just to get an even mixture. If you do not have the tamper, just use a wooden spoon.
- In about 40 seconds or less, you should get an even mixture.
- Avoid over mixing. Over-mixing results in melting. And when this happens you end up with something other than strawberry freeze. It will still taste the same but the texture will be different.
- You should get about 3 servings out of this. Also, you can use frozen blueberries as a substitute for the strawberries.
- Serve immediately and enjoy it out in the sun.