It’s another dessert. But not only for the summer, basically for any time of the year. Who doesn’t like fruits? We all do like at least one fruit. What is the best way to use them than in a dessert? This is very easy to put together and tastes really good. Hope you enjoy making this.
Pound cake or angel food cake
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of strawberries
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
1/2 of lemon
Heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 tablespoon of white sugar
- Cut the tips of strawberries, then cut it into four sections.
- Wash raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Then dry the fruits in a tissue or sieve to allow water to drain out.
- Place a saucepan on fire. Pour strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries in, then pour squeezed lemon juice in. Stir as it’s on fire. Make sure it is on low heat.
- As fruits begin to simmer, add a cup of sugar and a teaspoon of cornstarch. Cornstarch is used to thicken up the liquid produced from the fruits.
- It should take about four minutes or less to be done. Remove from fire and leave to cool. It thickens up a little more as cooling takes place.
- For whipped cream, pour heavy cream, sugar and vanilla essence into mixing bowl.
- Mix until it is soft and fluffy.
- Dice pound cake to desirable sizes and you are ready to put this treat together.In a glass bowl or cup, start with a layer of cake, then whipped cream, then fruits. You can start with anyone as it’s layer.
- Repeat process until desired height in bowl or cup.
- Wrap it all up, and put in the fridge to cool.
- Serve and enjoy.