Ever wondered how to make funnel cakes that taste exactly like that of ones at fairs? This is your chance to give it a go. I tried this for the first time two years ago and was like why not give this a try at home.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp of baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Confectioner’s or icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of water
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. That is flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In another mix all wet ingredients, that includes milk, eggs, vanilla essence. Mix until it is an even mixture.
- Pour liquid into flour mixture. Beat it until it is smooth without any lumps.
- Or another way is to put everything in a mixer or blender, your choice.
- Place a saucepan with oil on medium heat. Pour mixture into a funnel pitcher.
- Holding the pitcher inches away from the oil, move the pitcher in a spiral motion.
- Fry each side until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes or two on each side Drain on a paper towel on a plate.
- Once the excess oil is completely drained off, dust with icing sugar and serve.
- ENJOY 🙂