Hey guys, finally had the time to post another easy recipe.Who doesn’t love cake, or cupcakes as such? And gone are those days when they were plain and simple. Now there are various varieties of frosting and catchy colors.
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- 3 eggs
- Lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/ 4 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of butter (unsalted)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of electric mixer, beat butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients that include lemon zest, baking powder, and flour.
- Make sure your mixer is on low speed while you pour flour mixture in bit by bit along side with milk
- Make sure you have an even mixture, scrape flour from sides when necessary.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners and pop into the oven for about 17-20 minutes. To check if it’s done, poke with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then it’s done.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool down.
- Cupcakes can be alone or with buttercream frosting.