Hey guys, it’s been a while since I have been active on here but I am back for good now.Back again with another easy go-to drink. We all can say that summer is finally here with this scorching sun.And the only thing that can help is something cold to cool you down.Rosemary Orange ice tea has a sweet citrus flavor from the oranges with a little rosemary. For those who do not like sweet drinks, this is the best option for you.
Rosemary Orange Ice Tea tastes great and will surely satisfy your thirst during this weather. If you are worried about the rosemary, it doesn’t overpower the drink in any way and keep in mind not to skip this step.
- Orange, juiced and zested(not grated)
- 6 tea bags (used Lipton)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Honey or sugar
- 8 cups of boiling water
- In a heat proof bowl, place tea bags and pour boiling into it.
- While the tea bags are working with the hot water, add the zest of one orange and rosemary.
- Place a pan with water and sugar on fire, stir until it is totally dissolved. Then set aside for it to cool.
- Let this tea solution sit for about 30 minutes to an hour, the strain it to get the tea bags, rosemary and orange zest out.
- Let it cool down then pour into a pitcher with slices of oranges in it. Then add your sugar solution depending on how sweet you want it, stir until dissolved.
- Refrigerate to chill it.
- Serve with ice, a sprig of rosemary and a slice of orange on the side.
- Can add extra sugar if you want to, that is if you like sweetened drinks.