Condensed milk toffee is what I call this. One of my favourite toffees since childhood, hard on the outside and chewy on the inside. You probably have a can of condensed milk sitting in your pantry, waiting for you to use it. Why don’t you just give this milky homemade toffee a try. Probably won’t buy regular caramel toffee after this….
- 2 cans of Sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsps of butter
- Tsp of Nutmeg (optional)
- Smear butter in a saucepan and place on low-medium heat.
- Pour condensed milk into a saucepan, add about three tablespoons of butter and nutmeg to it and stir with a wooden spoon constantly.
- Keep stirring until it thickens and changes colour to a darker one.
- The toffee is ready when it changes from a cream colour to a light brown toffee colour. Should take about 15-20 minutes or longer depending on your heat.
- PS: KEEP STIRRING TO AVOID IT FROM BURNING.
- When it’s done you can either smear butter on a clean counter surface and pour caramel on it or pour it on wax paper instead.
- CAREFUL WHEN WORKING WITH HOT CARAMEL.
- Use a spoon to flatten it, and cut into desired shapes and sizes with a sharp knife.
- Easy and enjoyable :).