Ever had a meringue before, taste like a marshmallow to me or almost the same if you make it the right way or purchase them from a store. Took me less than an hour to make this dessert, that is counting out the time used in making the meringue.
3 Large egg whites
170g Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar
1 1/2 cup of heavy cream
400g of cut up strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 110 degrees.
- In a clean and really dry mixing bowl, whisk in 3 egg whites.
- When soft peaks begin to form add a 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- Whisk until soft peaks are formed.
- Add caster sugar gradually until mixture is glossy and stiff peaks are formed.
- To be sure that it is ready, you can hold the mixing bowl upside down over your head. If you are really confident. If it holds then your meringue is ready to be piped.
- Transfer meringue into piping bag and pipe can use any big tip. Pipe onto parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the over for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- After place a stopper or stick in between the oven door and allow it to cool down in the oven.
- They should be crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside.
- For the strawberry sauce, you either use already made strawberry syrup or sauce or make your own.
- In a mixer, whip up heavy cream until thick.
- Fold in cut strawberries and crushed meringues. Do not crush meringues too small.
- To assemble: Coat inside of your mason jar or glass with syrup and add mixture.
- Garnish with strawberries and more meringue.